WoWProgress About & FAQ
1 year ago
What is WoWProgress.com?
WoWProgress is the most popular ranking website for World of Warcraft. It was launched with Sunwell Plateau release in Burning Crusade.
- WoWProgress has the most advanced scoring system
- The largest guild database: over 700K guilds
- Tens of thousands of verified guild officers
- WoWProgress has the fastest crawler that allows us to keep the most up-to-date data for guilds and characters
- We are an official WoW Fansite
As a result, WoWProgress is the primary PvE ranking service in WoW. Our popularity is about an order of magnitude higher than all the other ranking websites.
How does the Guild Ranking work?
WoWProgress pulls Guild and Character information from the official Battle.net API and transforms it into Guild Bosskills with date/time attached.
Guild Bosskills define guild progression. In general, the faster you progress, the higher rank you get.
Each boss has a maximal score attached.
World first gets maximal score, next kills score determined based on time interval between the kill and the world first kill plus a constant (constant = nominal score / 2). Boss kills after 180 days grant only constant amount of points.
Guild rank may depend not only on score. Important encounters (milestones) can make guild rank higher regardless of score points.
We killed the next boss, how to report?
Normally the crawler will update your guild in a couple of days.
There is the "update progress" button on your guild page you can use if you want faster update - usually it takes several seconds or a few minutes.
It isn't updating our progress for long time.
There could be Armory maintenance or there could be our crawler maintenance that may create a bottleneck (as there large amount of guilds might added to the queue in just a few hours). Please wait a little more and if there is no update in 2 days, please contact us.
Also note that your guild should have at least 10 high level characters, otherwise our crawler won't scan it.
Our guild has been updated but there is no boss kills or boss kill time is wrong.
Please read this post.
What if guild has been renamed or transferred?
Most probably there will be issues with progress updating. Currently we do not recommend to do transfers of guilds and characters.
We are working to resolve it.
There is an inactive guild in the listing.
If the guild is really inactive please report it by email describing why they should be removed.
How to update guild recruitment info?
Just click on the  link near your guild profile and follow the instructions on the page.
There will be one of these two ways:
1. If there is already Guild Officer registered (your guildmate) - you'll have to contact her. She has the permission to update the guild profile and she has the permission to add you as another guild profile administrator.
2. Otherwise you should confirm your character (it involves unequipping specified slots and updating from the Armory) and then you'll be able to update profile of your guild.
How to change guild profile administrator?
Guild Master should register and confirm his/her character. Then he/she will have the permission to remove existing guild profile administrators.
How to hide my alts?
1. Go to profile settings and set "Hide my alts" checkbox.
2. Confirm at least one of your characters:
Go to your character page and click "" link. After confirmation, all alts of this character will be hidden
How to add my guild? How to add my character?
Please use the Add/Search Form on the main page.